Refugee Canyon has been providing quality veterinary health care, grooming, boarding, and dog training to the community. With 3 full-time veterinarians and a supportive staff, Refugee Canyon continues to stay on the cutting edge of veterinary care and continues to learn, educate, and grow.
Refugee Canyon strives to maintain long-term relationships with patients and clients. You want to be sure your companions are taken care of by someone you know and trust. Refugee Canyon provides state-of-the-art, individual care combined with loving concern and attention to make your pet’s visit as stress free and fun as possible.
Flea and tick season is here…so is Effitix for dogs and Effipro for cats!
topical solution for dogs 12 weeks old or older kills and repels ticks, fleas and mosquitoes; kills lice and aids in the control of mites; and prevents and inhibits blood feeding by biting fleas.
• Starts to repel ticks within 10 minutes
• By 9 days after treatment—killed at least 98% of 4 species of ticks
• Within 6 hours—killed over 90% of fleas. Within 12 hours—eliminated 99.6% of fleas
• Provided an anti-feeding efficacy against mosquitoes of more than 77% for 4 weeks (28 days)
• Can kill adult ticks and fleas for up to 1 month
• Do not use on cats!!
topical solution for cats 8 weeks old or older has been shown to control fleas, ticks and chewing lice with monthly applications.
• Controls fleas for up to 6 weeks. However, a monthly application is recommended if a cat has fleas that may cause flea allergy dermatitis or if reinfestation is likely
• Kills ticks for a month or longer. However, where tick control is consistently needed, monthly applications are recommended
• Comparable to Frontline Top Spot against fleas in a study vs. Frontline and a control group (6 cats per group)
Reference: www.virbacvet.com August 28, 2012